- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, coconut sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil and maple syrup until melted and combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix or stir well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet (or more baking sheets if making a larger batch) and bake for 17-24 minutes (or until fragrant and deep golden brown), stirring a bit near the halfway point to ensure even baking. Let cool completely. Then add chocolate (optional).
- Place in a container that has an air-tight seal, and it should keep for a few weeks. Or store in the freezer up to 1 month or longer.
What’s in Season - September
September is a wonderful time for veg in particular. It’s actually that nostalic harvest festival season we all remember from school! We still have lots of late summer crops available making it a great culinary time for end of summer salads or cosy autumnal meals.